Emblem Parallelogram

Find paint matches and what others have used here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

JRPfeff

Post by JRPfeff »

This is the blue on my '62 Sea Mate with the blue paint I had mixed by Kirby Paint for comparison. It is not clear to me if this is original or was redone when the hull was repainted. I'll let Andreas look at it in Pewaukee this weekend to get an educated opinion.

Jim
John Hart

Post by John Hart »

Any conclusions on the Blue paint.... Is the slightly bluer on the hull more original looking or the paint on the stick?
Atwater

Post by Atwater »

The sample looks darn close to the exposed , but I would think the paint under the emblem being what yer after . ( If that is in fact original ) Might try a bit of rubbing compound on both to see differences .

Disclaimer : I am not by any means , an expert on this subject . ( nor any other for that matter :oops: )
Scott
JRPfeff

Post by JRPfeff »

John - I never got around to dragging the boat over for AJR to inspect. So we'll have to judge from the picture.

I will rub the paint but the dark stuff has to be close to when it was applied. It almost looks like a decal, but I don't want to damage it by checking. I'll clean the oxidation and reuse it when I paint the boat.

Jim