1957 Thompson paint colours

Find paint matches and what others have used here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

LancerBoy

1957 Thompson paint colours

Post by LancerBoy »

In 1957 Thompson Bros. Boat Mfg. Co. used several pastel colours as standards on their boats. At that time they used paints by Pettit. I just obtained a 1957 Pettit Paint colour pallet! Attached is a scan of it.

Here's what Thompson used in 1957:

Lemonade Yellow for Sea Lancer (it actually was an option in '57 and became the standard in 58 )

Mist Green for the Sea Coaster

Ice Blue for the Sea Skiff

Ice Blue, Mist Green, Lemonade, Dusty Rose, Chartreuse, and Salmon for the Lap-Chine

I have seen an original condition Sea Coaster with the Mist Green paint. She was beautiful.

Andreas
Last edited by LancerBoy on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
neveradullmoment

1957 Mist Green

Post by neveradullmoment »

It looks as if the Green Mist color on the chart is almost white. Is it faded or is the Thompson Mist Green a different color alltogether. Thanks , Mike & Diane
1957 Sea Coaster
Vintage 40hp Sea Horse
Tee Nee Trailer
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Probably just didn't scan very well. Its definately a green tone, but very pale.

I will be in Marinette-Peshtigo area again soon. I was just there for five days for work. Maybe I can bring the actual chart and let you see it.

Andreas
thompsonboat@msn.com
neveradullmoment

1957 Mist Green

Post by neveradullmoment »

That would be great! As you know I plan on repainting the boat soon. I have not been able to find a color chart for "Chesapeake Green 55" by Pettit Also do you have a favorite online source for paint, stain and varnish. Also can someone tell me is "polyurethane varnish" the same as good old varnish or does it not have the nice golden tone. Thanks for all the help this is all pretty new to me. Thanks Mike