Pantone 306 Again

Find paint matches and what others have used here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Charles Drumm

Pantone 306 Again

Post by Charles Drumm »

Since the Forum was evidently down for a period of time I'll try again to buy some left-over useable Pantone 306 paint for the parallelogram behind the Thompson nameplates. Anyone??

Chuck 440-463-1100 C
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

So, does anyone have some of this blue paint for Chuck? A quart that is half full??? So the poor guy doesn't have to buy a bucket of it.

I have barely enuff left to finish off the current restoration project, so I don't have any to spare.

Help out a fellow enthusiast please!

Andreas
W Guy

Post by W Guy »

Reproducing that paint should not be that hard. Automotive refinishers and suppliers have access (through PPG) to a hand-held spectrometer that can "read" the paint pigment content and download a mixing formula for lacquer, polyurethane or epoxy based paints.
Verne :)
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

There is no need to reinvent the wheel again.

Three already is a match for this paint. Actually two matches. I wasn't aware of this Pantone 306. The one I knew about is thru George Kirby, Jr. Paint Company in New Bedford, Mass.

All this gentleman is asking is that if someone has a quart - can they sell or give him a little bit. It probably takes a shot glass full to paint those parallelograms.

Andreas
Charles Drumm

Post by Charles Drumm »

Thanks LancerBoy for jumping in and trying to move this forward. I have talked with Mr. Kirby and he can blend up a quart. As for the color selection of Pantone 306, I recall finding that reference in the Dockside Archives. I hope it's correct.

Thanks, Chuck Drumm
W Guy

Post by W Guy »

I was just trying to offer one alternative course to a solution.