Late Model Peshigo-Built Lancer Paint & Finish Schemes

Find paint matches and what others have used here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Ken Butti

Late Model Peshigo-Built Lancer Paint & Finish Schemes

Post by Ken Butti »

Well, now that I'm done trying to track down the exact year my boat was built, I can now concentrate on things like proper paint and finish schemes. It's safe to say that I have a late '60s (registration sez "1970")18' Thompson Bros. Peshigo (Sea or Super?) Lancer. I'd like to know what types of paint schemes Thompson boats of that era had. I may get a chance to repaint and otherwise refinish it this winter. Here's a link to a photo of the boat: http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n49 ... rtSide.jpg
In particular, photos of other late model Peshigo-built Lancers would be nice to have. Thanks.

P.S. I will be ordering the brochure CD soon.
Ken Butti
1969 Peshtigo-Built Sea Lancer
Lacey, WA
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

The annual brochures are the best place to attempt to learn what colours were utilized. These are on the CD.

In 1968 the 17'-11" Sea Lancer had white hull paint with a goldenrod colour shearstrake (top plank). A goldenrod vinyl was used on the deck and covering boards.

The '67 brochure is in black and white so that does not help with colours.

Looks like monkey shit brown was used in the 1966 Sea Lancer for accent colour. It was probably the same in 1967.

I restored a 1965 Sea Lancer 1800 a few years ago. I did not use the ugly brown and tan scheme original to the boat. I used white hull paint with a bottle green shearstrake. The bottle green is a standard colour from George Kirby, Jr. Paint Co. of New Bedford, Mass.

Andreas
Ken Butti

Post by Ken Butti »

Thank for the information, Andreas. I guess I'll feed my monkey a varying diet until I get the color I want. :wink:
Ken Butti
1969 Peshtigo-Built Sea Lancer
Lacey, WA