My '57 Thompson. Just showing off...

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

1957Creaky

My '57 Thompson. Just showing off...

Post by 1957Creaky »

Hi from Georgia all. Last week I took my '57 Sea Lancer out of the shed for the first time this year. She started right up ('78 Merc inline six) and off we went like she was right off the showroom floor. Damn, I love this boat.

Last edited by 1957Creaky on Wed May 02, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
1957 Thompson Sea Lancer
1978 Mercury Marine 900
Lake Allatoona, Georgia
a j r

Post by a j r »

Beautiful! I am jealous that you went for a ride - we are supposed to get 2 inches of snow today!

My '57 Sea Lancer is itching to hit the water!

Andreas in Minneapolis
John Hart

Post by John Hart »

Hi 1957Creaky... I know I have asked others before, but how did you post your pictures directly into the body of your message.... ?

Other folks gave me the impression that you need an additional service, like an image service, that is referenced when posting a pic....

It is so clean and handy to do it the way you did, and I would like to learn how to do it for myself.

Thanks.

John Hart
Pine Island Mn.
1957Creaky

Post by 1957Creaky »

John Hart wrote:Hi 1957Creaky... I know I have asked others before, but how did you post your pictures directly into the body of your message.... ?

Other folks gave me the impression that you need an additional service, like an image service, that is referenced when posting a pic....

It is so clean and handy to do it the way you did, and I would like to learn how to do it for myself.

Thanks.

John Hart
Pine Island Mn.
Hi John --

Yeah, you need a hosting service. There's tons of them out there, and most of them are free. I use PHOTOBUCKET. It's easy as falling down. Upload a picture (or several at one time), and you get a line of code that you copy/paste into the body of the message. Boom, it appears. Like this:

www.photobucket.com

Give it a try.

David
Last edited by 1957Creaky on Wed May 02, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
1957 Thompson Sea Lancer
1978 Mercury Marine 900
Lake Allatoona, Georgia
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

WHOO HOO! Finally can post a pic! Thanks Creaky! (Fabulous boat by the way). Behold my 1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer represented by a crappy cell phone picture

Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
txcaptdan

Post by txcaptdan »

David,
Very nice boat, your lakes look like ours, down a bit. We got a series of heavy rains last week and almost filled our local lake Eagle Mountain.
These are wonderful boats, nothing like them. Good Job!
Dan Stober
1965 20' Cruisers Inc. 570 Seacamper
1962 20' Cruisers Inc. 502
1963 16' Cruisers Inc. 202 Seafarer
Weatherford, Texas
1957Creaky

Post by 1957Creaky »

Hey Peter -- nice boat. Just eyeballing, but it looks like the gunwales on that boat are rather higher than mine. And what's the vintage of that inline?

I can't resist. Gotta show off some pictures from two days ago:

David
1957 Thompson Sea Lancer
1978 Mercury Marine 900
Lake Allatoona, Georgia
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

Hey Dave - that's a 1963 Merc 1000 (100 hp). It's been idle for a long time. The previous owner had the carbs rebuilt, new impeller, and new seals on the lower unit. I've a few things to do as well to start it up. Looking forward to it but cant seem to find the time.

My Sea lancer is a Cortland boat, 1962. It's the "Custom" model, notable differences being the vinyl covered bow deck, seat config, and the rails. Not sure if it had a higher gunwhale. Same story, needs a few things to tighten it up, and I cant seem to get to it. Rest assured the day it hits the water there will be pictures here.

Boats and pictures like yours keep my enthusiasm up. Keep 'em coming!
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware