Please help me identify this boat

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

swiftriver

Please help me identify this boat

Post by swiftriver »

Hi, I'm hoping someone can give me some help in identifying what it is my buddy has. He got the boat for free, and while it certainly needs a lot of work it is not in horrible shape. Anyhow from looking at pictures and talking to a few people we believe the boat is a Thompson, possibly a Seacoaster? Anyhow it is 17' 8" long and has a beam of 7'1" There is an OBC tag on the transom which provides the following information: Max engine 100 HP Max carrying capacity 1830 lbs. The boat is an I/O Mercuiser with serial number of 1538617. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Could definitely use help identifying this motor also. Thanks in advance.
I almost forgot there is what we believe a hull number also located near the OBC tag of 3660. One more piece of information, the boat has what appears to be some type of vinyl covering on the top of the bow decking. I will post some pictures hopefully in the next few days.

Go here to check out some pictures
http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k230/ ... 038440.pbw

Swift River[/img]
Last edited by swiftriver on Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

wild quess: offshore fisherman out of Cortland NY.
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
a j r

Post by a j r »

Welcome,

Is this a wooden boat? fiberglass? rubber? If wood, is it lapstrake or cedar strip?

We MUST have the hull ID of the BOAT and also her serial number. The hull ID is stamped into the wood of the transom, inside the boat. Most often on the starboard side. Sometimes stanmped upside down and sometimes covered up by some other component. The "3660" you mentioned is not long enuff for a typical hull ID of any of the Thompson firms (maybe for T & T Boats, Inc.).

Is there a metal name tag with serial number on it? If yes, tell us EXACTLY and COMPLETELY what is on this tag.

Are there name badges on the hull sides? If so, what do they say, EXACTLY and COMPLETELY.

You can email pictures directly to me if you desire.

Andreas
email: thompsonboat@msn.com
swiftriver

Post by swiftriver »

Please take a look I have added a link for pictures

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k230/ ... 038440.pbw

Looking forward to whatever information you guys can offer.

Swift River
a j r

Post by a j r »

So, are there ANY identify badges, logos, plates, etc??? Is there anything in the center of the steering wheel??

The photos help. The flare of the stem and the windshield frame has me thinking of T & T Boats, Inc. of Wausaukee, WI.

Andreas
swiftriver

Post by swiftriver »

The center of the steering wheel says Ride glide and then on the top of the steering wheel is a label that says Quick Silver. I hope this helps.
a j r

Post by a j r »

Ah, the steering wheel is for a Mercury outboard.

But again, are there ANY ID's, badges, name plates, etc... on the boat??

Andreas
swiftriver

Post by swiftriver »

No we have not been able to find any decals, badges, etc. on the boat anywhere. It is interesting that the steering wheel is for an outboard, because the boat has an I/O. Is there anything else we can do to try to identify this thing?
a j r

maybe a T & T

Post by a j r »

I guess the Mercury Ride Guide applies to both outboard and inboard/outboard motors.

The signs are pointing towards T & T Boats, Inc., as follows: flare of the stem; windshield frame; bulkhead and door under the deck; shape fo the dashboard; "3660" hull ID.

The 1963 T & T Breakers model 3300 is listed as having a centerline length of 17'-11" and gunwale length of 19'-3" and beam of 85 1/2". She is listed as having maximum HP rating of 120 HP. No weigh capacity is listed. She came in an outboard version or could be ordered with factory installed inboard/outboard with 80 HP, 100 HP or 110 HP.

Brochures for T & T Boats along with those of Thompson Bros. Boat, Thompson Boat of NY, and Cruisers, Inc. can be purchased on a CD-ROM from www.dragonflycanoe.com and www.wcha.org

I grew up with a 1964 T & T Breakers which the family still has and I now own a 1962 T & T Surf 19 footer.

Andreas
swiftriver

Post by swiftriver »

Thank you very much for the information. Would you happen to have any pictures of this boat?
a j r

Post by a j r »

There are pictures in the brochures, available for purchase, as mentioned above.

Andreas