Cruisers ID

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Atwater

Cruisers ID

Post by Atwater »

Hi All , New Guy here .

We bought it at an auction...gosh probably about 8 years ago and finally getting around to getting the ol'girl in the water . Maybe this season yet .

The hull number appears to match the plate that was on the outer hull . #215481 . It has white/beige vinyl on the outer deck w/ simulated planking on the bow and the splash well . It has a 370 emblem . ( missing one BTW ) .

http://www.fiberglassics.com/forms/foru ... belle2.jpg

Warning ; More questions and advice needed in the future . :wink:
Scott
a j r

Post by a j r »

Greetings and welcome. Great looking boat!

Your CRUISERS, INC. model 370 is the 18 ft. "Sea Camper" cabin cruiser. A fairly rare vessel. The hull ID "215481" most likely indicates a 1962 model year boat.

The red, white, and blue strips at the waterline are not original. The upper most hull plank called the shearstrake came standard from the factory painted white just like the rest of the hull.

Several folks who post here quite often have had or have the Cruisers, Inc. cabin cruisers.

Good luck!

Andreas
Atwater

Post by Atwater »

Thanks for that Andreas ,

I hope to get it registered this week , so that is very helpful .

Yes, yes , I'm responsible for the paint scheme :oops: I thought " Bareing " the Shearstrake ( Boy , I've got alot to learn ) set it off and wot' the heck , showing a little patriotism at the waterline .

Excellant website !

Thanks again
Scott
txcaptdan

Post by txcaptdan »

Scott,
Nice looking seacamper, I am working on my second one a 570 a 20' version. Check out my web site at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/classicoutboards/ the are photos of several Seacampers. My project is under photos at "A New Boat".

Spent this evening applying canvas to cabin roof, turned out great but what a messy job.

Good Luck
Dan Stober
1965 20' Cruisers Inc. 570 Seacamper
1962 20' Cruisers Inc. 502
1963 16' Cruisers Inc. 202 Seafarer
Weatherford, Texas
Atwater

Post by Atwater »

Dan ,

Very nice website 8) You've got a new member !

BTW , I was looking at the brochures . It looks like I have a Commander ? Where does the SeaCamper designation come from ?
Scott
a j r

Post by a j r »

The SEA CAMPER models are the cabin cruisers, with a cabin. The Commander does NOT have a cabin.

Remeber that brochures of Cruisers, Inc. are available on a CD-ROM from Dan Miller at www.dragonflycanoe.com. It is the Thompspo Boat CD.

Andreas
Atwater

Post by Atwater »

Andreas ,

I was looking at this , http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/classi ... w/70e7?b=4

The boat pictured isn't an exact match to mine but I was going by the 370 model which I have . That's where my cornfusion came about . :oops:

Yes , I'll have to pick that disk up .

Back to sanding . :D
Scott
txcaptdan

Post by txcaptdan »

Scott,
I think that catalog was a 1960 see attached http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/classi ... w/1f3c?b=4

This is a 1962 Seacamper 370 that I owned for a number of years. The decks are custom, Cruisers made subtle changes each year, so yours may be different than that one.
Dan Stober
1965 20' Cruisers Inc. 570 Seacamper
1962 20' Cruisers Inc. 502
1963 16' Cruisers Inc. 202 Seafarer
Weatherford, Texas
a j r

Post by a j r »

Cruisers also changed model names on occasion.

Andreas