Most Likely '68 Super Lancer

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

TheCaptain

Most Likely '68 Super Lancer

Post by TheCaptain »

First off I'd like to thank this web admin & all those that write in with photos, questions, answers, etc.. I didn't know what a Thompson was a few weeks ago and had no interest in wooden boats in general- now own one. This website has been a valuable resource. It's got way more info than anything else I've run across. So thank you for helping preserve these American treasures. These boats are truly beautiful!!!

Now the good stuff:

I believe the exact length to be 18'4".
The beam is in the neighborhood of 7'6".
The Peshtigo, WI serial number plate reads, 25793.
The Hull ID number gets a little tricky with the amount of paint on/over it. It looks like, 041138. Although the second 1 may be a 4, the 3 could pass for an 8 or 9. And the 8 could also be a 9 but after reading other posts here it's probably an 8.
It was sold to me as a "1968 19' Lapstrake". The dash has a "Super Lancer" badge on it so I'm assuming I've got the right year, make & model?

I'll try to post some pics momentarily...

I'm definitely going to pick up the catalogue on CD ROM from the Dragonfly site (looks like it would apply?).

Again, thanks so much for all of the info on this site! And thanks for any additional info you can give about my new boat!

Thanks again,

Eric
TheCaptain

Post by TheCaptain »

LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Welcome aboard! Nice boat.

She's a 1964 model year Super Lancer Model 1900 made by Thompson Bros. Boat Mfg. Co.

The serial number 25793 falls within the 1964 model year range. The hull ID starts with the letter "O" and the first number "4" indicates 1964 model year. She's the 1,138th boat made that year - of all models. Your indicate the last three numbers "138" may be unclear. In any event, she's the 1,--- boat made in the 1964 model year.

I road around in and drove a '63 Super Lancer a few weeks ago.

As you may already know or will learn, the red paint on the outside of the transom is not original. It should be stained and varnished. Also, the red paint behind the hullside logos is not original. It should be a teal blue.

And yes, the 1964 brochures are on the CD-ROM.

I have recently been communicating with a new owner of a 1965 Thompson of Peshtigo Off-Shore from north of Seattle.

Andreas
thompsonboat@msn.com
TheCaptain

Post by TheCaptain »

Andreas,

Thanks a million! I thought for sure the seller had the correct year. Catalogue is on the way!

We took her out yesterday for some cruising/fishing. Worked like a charm after popping in a new battery.

I'm thinking we'll use her this year and then maybe get into some winter projects. I love this boat- everywhere we go it's turning heads.

Later on,

Eric