1962 Cruisers Inc 202

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

cordite

1962 Cruisers Inc 202

Post by cordite »

Bought this recently and thought I would share and start taking advantage of all the knowledge here. Will try and post pictures. Has been partially restored. I had it out on the water last week and really like it.

Image[/img]
[/img]Image
cordite

Post by cordite »

One thing the previous owner did not touch was the electrical system. None of the gages, lights, or horns are connected. I'm assuming all this is original and would like to hear what others think.

In the water for only the second time this year for 2 hours and probably had 1/2 gallon of water in it at the end. Has a 1973 50 horse that starts and runs well. I noticed the boat is very sensitive to weight distribution when up on plane, you don't want to move around much. It also seemed a little unstable at full speed. But at 3/4 speed with my passenger sitting still it felt great. No hull number that I can find. It does have a capacity plate, 70 horse max and something like 1300 pounds of weight.
[img][img]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm17 ... 0088-1.jpg[/img][/img]
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

She could be a 1961 or 1962 model year boat just by looking at the partial vinyl covering on the front deck; the only two years they offered it that way.

Model 202 is the Seafarer.

In 1961 and 1962 The Seafarer is listed with maximum HP of 80 and weight capacity of 1300 pounds.

All the dash instruments would have been extra accessories from the factory or after market installations.

Look again for the hull ID stamped into the wood of the transom, inside the boat. It may be stamped upside down and it may be covered by some component added to the transom.

Sounds like you may have a hog/hook in the hull from your desription of handling at higher speeds.

Andreas
Michael J. Seiber

Post by Michael J. Seiber »

I have a 202 also I had a little trouble with the way mine handled at high speed. Try trimming up your motor. Take the bar back a hole and get the nose up a little more and see if that helps.

Nice boat!
Mike
Classicboats4me

Post by Classicboats4me »

Here are some pictures of a 1961 Cruisers 202 that I restored back in 2000-2001.

It had the buddyback seats option. It acted the as you desribed. I had a 75hp. 1960 Evinrude that made it a little back heavy. Nice Boat.
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb12 ... ft%201961/
Ron Pistohl
1965 Thompson Sea Mate
1975 Yar-Craft Yankee
Oshkosh,Wisconsin.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/waddlep/show/