"Still" looking for Cruisers Inc Barnegat 25 info

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

jimmylapstrake

"Still" looking for Cruisers Inc Barnegat 25 info

Post by jimmylapstrake »

I would like to know what the choice of interior layouts were or were they just big giant versions of the 302? Did they have galleys etc???????

Brochures, general info, sanity check that sort of thing would be most helpful.

Thanks
Jim
Last edited by jimmylapstrake on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jim Melanson
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

You can purchase the brochures on CD-ROM at www.wcha.org and www.dragonflycanoe.com

It's the Thompson boat CD-ROM which also inlcudes the brochures of Cruisers, Inc. and other Thompson Boat spin-offs.

In the 1964 flyers, the 25 ft. Barnegat looks like she is just a big open utility style boat. Front seats were available in back-to-back fold down type or front facing helmsman type seats. Portable bucket seats were an option. Bunks were built-in under the front deck.

Either single or dual I/O engines were available.

In the 1965 flyer, it indicates that a "Port-A-Galley" was an optional accessory for the 23 and 25 ft. boats. The drawing (no photos) of the boat shows a sink cabinet on the port side behind the front back-to-back seats.

Andreas
jimmylapstrake

re: looking for Cruisers Inc Barnegat 25 info

Post by jimmylapstrake »

just ordered the cd. been meaning to do it for my Royal Vacationer 570
I may take this boat for the sake of saving it. It is in fantastic condition bar the finish. Owned by the guy for 18 years he sold it and ended up taking it back because the guy he sold it to was not doing the right thing.
What a big boat though. Fresh water cooled 351 Cleavland on a Mercruiser set up. This guy really cared for it. I like the 570 because I can trailer it but if I spent a year or so refinishing this one it would be a good way to step back up in size but I would need a mooring or I would have to put her back at the Marina where I kept my 1959 Owens Flagship 29. The original seating is long gone. The deck was replaced with marine ply and glassed over with epoxy, bilges and frames are in order. Truly a refinish job. One the transom at the edges of 2 of the planks there is some checking going on and he showed me a section of the keelson that he has a new piece cut for. Spare oak and mahogany are included as well as the blocking and boat stands. he also ran a refasten program each year. I am sure there are more that need to be gone through.
Diamond in the rough for sure.
Thx for the reply Andreas
Jim
Jim Melanson
jimmylapstrake

Barnegat 25

Post by jimmylapstrake »

Jim Melanson
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Nice. You can have a dance in the large open area!

Andreas
jimmylapstrake

barnegat 25

Post by jimmylapstrake »

plenty of room. come join me!!!!
Jim Melanson
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Jim,

You may have already seen this MerCruiser Boathouse Bulletin showing the 1964 Barnegat with twins:
Andreas
jimmylapstrake

barnegat 25 info

Post by jimmylapstrake »

yes I did see it. I did order a brochure copy from the boat museum in Clayton. Looks like my barnegat had thru hull exhaust at one time.
Jim Melanson