Cruisers Inc ID

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

JALL

Cruisers Inc ID

Post by JALL »

I have a Cruisers Inc that has the inside transom marked E 50 79 0. What does this tell me about the boat? Thanks for any help
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Need more info.

Wood or fiberglass? If she's wood, wood deck or vinyl covered? Outboard or inboard/outboard?

The fist number "5" could be the model year 1955 or 1965. Or is it the letter "S" which makes the fist number "0" which would indicate 1960???

Or is the hull ID upside down? That is not uncommon with boats by Cruisers, Inc.

Hull ID does not give model or length.

Construction details, hull shape, general layout and dimensions are necessary to get the model and narrow it down between 1955 or 1965.

Andreas
JALL

Wood

Post by JALL »

The hull is wood and the deck is wood. No vinyl. Drain at transom,looks like brass,through the hull. Only front seat bench style no back or rear seats. I got 16'5'' down the middle and 17' 3 1/2'' around gunwall and 73'' across mid section. Those measurments are not exact but close. Logo on side says Cruisers Inc underlined and oconto wisconsin under the line. Chrome center on steering wheel says Cruisers Oconto Wisconsin, steering wheel is or was red. Stern light marked Trico Milwaukee. I hope that helps some. Thank You It is outboard.
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

IF she is a 1955 model year boat, she might be the NOMAD model with gunwale length of 17 ft. and beam of 75". This was the first model year that Cruisers, Inc. made their own line of boats.

IF she is a 1960 model year boat, she might be the Seafarer with centerline length of 16'-3", gunwale length of 17'-7", and beam of 75".

I'd need to see pictures to make a better determination and also suggest you look at the hull ID again.

Andreas
JALL

Post by JALL »

Ok I'll see if I can get some pictures. The gent I bought it from said he thought it was a 1958, but wasn't sure. He got it from his uncle years ago.
If it is this Nomad, is that model shown in the CD of Thompson Boats. I see light blue under the white paint. The blue may have been the original color. I looked at the numbers again snd I guess I missed some. They are E 7 E 5079 0. Thank You

This boat is not the '64 Sea Coaster I was looking at a week or so ago. That boat had all kinds of vinyl on it.
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

This revised hull ID indicates a 1957 model year boat.

In 1957 the NOMAD model 402 was 17'-3" centerline length with 18'-0" gunwale length. The COMMODORE model 300 was 16'-1" centerline and 17'-2" gunwale lengths with 75 1/2 inch beam.

The CD-ROM has all known brochures for Cruisers, Inc. from their earliest in 1954 to 1965 or so. I think it has the 1967 brochure which is all fiberglass boats.

Andreas