Offshore year?

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

PeterZ

Offshore year?

Post by PeterZ »

Hello
Looked at what I suspect is an Offshore. Can you enlighten me. Plate on the transom indicates Thompson Brothers, serial #28124, length 20'-1" (but this might be off a bit), width was 97" amid ship (this may be off as well). The boat was from Peshtigo WI, says on the Thompson emblem on the side and on plate on the transom.

Thanks. Too bad she is pretty beat up, all the hardware is essentially missing, the ribs were crumbling in my hand near the keel, which itself was severally rotted. Oh well, still curious of its year and any history.

Regards
Peter
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Serial number might be 1966 or 1967 model year range. Need the hull ID which is stamped into the wood of the transom inside the boat to get the year.

20'-1" centerline length and 96" beam were the catalog dimensions for the Off-Shore series in both 1966 and 1967.

Andreas
PeterZ

offshore

Post by PeterZ »

Andreas

Thank you once again!! :D . Unfortunately I forgot to look for the number stamped in the boat. This is interesting though, I just saw a 68 offshore on CL for sale. I was looking over my brochures on CD and I notice that those later year of wood boats had the fold down benches on the sides and the Offshore camper versions even had a sink!!! The one I saw in Ohio had these same options as well, ... I thought they were some kind of afterthought, but I guess not.

Thanks Again!!!

Regards
Peter