My friends Cortland

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

My friends Cortland

Post by thegammas »

So of course I have picutres of my '62 Sea Lancer pasted to my office walls. A friend of mine whom I've worked with for decades came in one day and said "Wow, my dad had a boat just like that". Naturally I pressed for pictures, hull # info from some old registration, and "where is it now?".

The other day she came in and showed me these pictures! I beleive it to be a Cortland Custom Sea Lancer with the standard seats vs. flip like mine. When i asked if she rememberd where he got the boat, it was indeed from a dealer in New York.

August 1965

August 1967

Though she has not seen the boat in decades, there is a remote chance that boat is still in the family at a brothers place - hopefully buried in a garage, perfectly set on blocks supporting the transome and keel, with no motor mounted, and nothing piled inside. Odds on that?
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Very cool! Small world is it not?

Andreas
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

Yes indeed it is....I'd have been thrilled if this custom had the flip seats like mine. I've never been able to find a picture of what the driver seat looked like (couldnt find one in the catalogs either). Was it too was a flip or some other configuration?

I am condering changing over to the "Standard" config....

I dont suppose Andreas that you have seen such a picture in all those vintage shots you have???
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

I have virtually nothing for the Cortland boats, especially after the split with Peshtigo in 1959.

I only have the brochures. The same stuff that is on the CD.

Sorry.

Andreas