Confirmation on Year of Cruiser Holiday 250

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

peteburrs

Confirmation on Year of Cruiser Holiday 250

Post by peteburrs »

I am hoping that someone can confirm the year on my Cruiser Holiday 250. I just completely dismantled this thing and finally found the hull id.

Below is a picture of the boat and the id stamp.

From everything I have seen in my research this would indicate it is a 1959 but I was hoping for confirmation because I haven't read anything about the id having a + or any characters in it.

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to assist!
Pete Burrs
Lake Dubay, WI
1959 Cruiser Holiday 250
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Cool! I have never seen the "+" sign or other such characters in hull ID of a Cruisers, Inc. or Thompson or T & T.

My best guess is that yes indeed, she is a 1959 model year boat. The 1960 and 1961 Holiday models did not have the swoop of black paint on the hullside like the 1959 model.

Bring her to the Thompson Antique & Classic Boat Rally 25 June 2011 at Marinette, WI.

Andreas
Classicboats4me

Post by Classicboats4me »

I will bring a picture to the show of my fathers 58 Cruisers Seafairer. It had this black swoop option. I think that he picked it up from the factory that way.
Ron Pistohl
1965 Thompson Sea Mate
1975 Yar-Craft Yankee
Oshkosh,Wisconsin.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/waddlep/show/
peteburrs

Post by peteburrs »

Thanks for the confirmation Andreas! I do plan to make it to the rally however the boat will not be in tow as at this point there is not much to her (see below).

Ron I look forward to meeting up with you to take a look the picture of the 58 Seafairer.

Pete Burrs
Lake Dubay, WI
1959 Cruiser Holiday 250
vernonfarmer

Holiday I.D. Stamp

Post by vernonfarmer »

How 'bout one with upside down backward letters or numbers? What year is this Holiday?

Should we race to see who's is done first? Ok...you win!

ImageImage
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Just by the hull ID I would guess 1959. However, need to get dimensions and some pictures would be helpful too to verify.

Andreas
vernonfarmer

Cruisers

Post by vernonfarmer »

Andreas, It's John Baas. I sent you pix of the two Cruisers that followed me home a week ago. The 14' is in pieces all over the garage. The 16' is the one with the hogged bottom. Closer examination...doesn't really look that bad. Can a hogged hull be Un-hogged?

John