1965 Cruisers, Inc. 20' OMC Sterndrive

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Patrick Lawlor

1965 Cruisers, Inc. 20' OMC Sterndrive

Post by Patrick Lawlor »

Hi everyone,
I bought this boat last Sunday and I thought I'd post some pics and see if you can tell me what model it is. The boat is twenty feet long with an eight foot beam at its widest point. The center of the transom is 35" from top to bottom. I consider myself very fortunate to find such a nice example in relatively good condition. Twenty five years ago I restored a 14 foot Cruisers with red and white vinyl trim from the mid sixties. This time I'm graduating to the big league. The hull number is 524535, the serial number tag is missing or nonexistent. Pat
LancerBoy

Re: 1965 Cruisers, Inc. 20' OMC Sterndrive

Post by LancerBoy »

Welcome aboard Pat!

Nice boat!

The hull ID indicates she is a 1965 model year boat. My guess is that she is the VACATIONER model 20211. 20'-3" centerline length; 8' beam; 77" front deck length; 77" transom width; floor to gunwale 32"

The back to back seats were an option, not standard on this model.

Cruisers Yachts at Oconto probably has a hull card for this boat. This will indicate the model, when it was shipped and to whom it was shipped along with basic information about the boat and engine data.

By the way, I WANT your folding navigation light that is on the windshield frame!!! I need one like that for a boat I am currently restoring.

Andreas