sea lancer

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

joelsm65

sea lancer

Post by joelsm65 »

im always looking for thompsons or cruisers for sale. i found one on ebay claimed to be a 62'. i was looking at my thompson boat cdr and it shows 61 and 62 were the only years of the lemonade yellow. this boat is white, and i dont have pics of the windshield. it has a spit bench seat and a rear seat. the numbers on the transom are 11524x. then i went to the thompson boat ralley dvd and from the "identify your boat" i came up with it being a 61', worker 1, and it was the 524th boat of that year. can anyone tell me if that is right thru the numbers on the transom. thanks for your time!
joel
a j r

Post by a j r »

Is the boat in Munster, indiana?

Lemonade yellow paint tone was standard on the Peshtigo Sea Lancer in 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, and in 1963 on model 1750 only. White was always an option from the factory (or any colour for that matter). And owners could always change the colour later on.

Hull ID 11524X for a boat made at Peshtigo (NOT Cortland) would indicate the 1,524th boat made in the year ending with the number 1 (1951 or 1961). X = the trimmer's code. That first digit is the number "1" is it not? Or is it the letter "I". If it's the number "1" the above applies. If it's the letter "I" then this is the 524th boat made in the year ending with the number 1 (1951 or 1961).

In 1961 model 900 Sea Lancer had a wooden front seat and a rear seat was optional.

Andreas
joelsm65

Post by joelsm65 »

yes it is in munster,in. and actually the # is a-11524x, i must not have written down the a-. im thinking it is a 61'. im sure you figured that out as soon as you saw it. there was a new post up on the page for it, saying that the fordeck was loose and the epoxy was not holding. im not too interested anymore, after hearing "epoxy". i dont want my next boat to have any epoxy. ive learned my lesson. thanks for your time, i just want to get the identifing of the serial numbers down. thanks
a j r

Post by a j r »

The "A" prefix in the hull ID indicates that Bill Luedtke worked on this boat! Bill is still in Peshtigo.

Andreas