1960 sea lancer..Cortland

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

m13thompson

1960 sea lancer..Cortland

Post by m13thompson »

Hi, repairing more than restoring this Sea Lancer and had a couple questions. The "Thompson" logo with bird on both sides near the stern on this boat are black plastic. Are these original as I have only seen metal before? Also there apparently once was a toilet beneath a fold-up portion of the front seat. There is a green printed metal plaque under the seat with instructions. Was this original? the seat trap door and hinges look original? and if so does anyone have one of these toilets I could buy..just for show. Not planning a accurate resto but just wondering. Some pics in "what do I have" section. Thanks
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Cortland used plastic hullside logos, not metal, after the split from Peshtigo in January 1959.

A marine toliet was an option with a price tag $125.00. A drop curtain for use with the toliet was $14.00.

Might be able to find a toliet in a junk boat at a boat junk yard. Can't use 'em off course unless you have a holding tank for the waste.

The price for the Sea Lancer was $1,220.00 with a 27 1/2% dealer discount. So the dealer got 27 1/2% off the $1,220 but probably added most or all of it back for his retail price.

Andreas