help . Thompson GV175- full V

Maintenance issues you will want to know.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

bigbluevan

help . Thompson GV175- full V

Post by bigbluevan »

I now own a Thompson. the title is 1965. the boat has no floor and there is evidence that the side walls had braces.

Are there supposed to be side wall braces on this boat?

Do the side wall braces *wooden, needed for structural.
a j r

Post by a j r »

Welcome aboard!

In 1965 Thompson Bros. Boat Mfg. Co. had a a fiberglass model called "GV1750 Full V Super Deluxe" which was a full V hull.

She was a smooth sided hull with aluminum framed windshield, fold down back-to-back seats, cockpit liners, under deck copartment, combination rear seat and back panel, foot rest, and vinyl covered floor. The hull and deck were white in colour and the interior was maroon. The centerline length is 17'-5" and gunwale length of 19'-2".

Thompson only made this boat for one season.

I do not know what "side wall braces" are, so I cannot answer your questions. I have nbo clue how this model was built or about her details.

By the way, I have a 1965 Thompson G1500 fiberglass boat.

Andreas
bigbluevan

1965 G1750

Post by bigbluevan »

thank you for the advice.
We obtained the boat in a trade for an old van.
the side wall has what appears to be braces. they appear to have been added after the boat was made, and fiber glassed in rather sloppily. So we were guessing that they were not needed, but hey I never owned a boat before!

do you have any pictures of your boat? So I could look at what i am supposed to be fixing mine to look like?

The boat came with a 1969 115hp Johnson. We just picked the boat up yesterday, so if we can get that running, we plan on refurbishing the boat.

the floor is rotten away, and somebody put a second floor on, made of plywood,, non treated ... so we have no floor.

back by the engine, my (original) sales brochure shows some type of partician back by the moter. we have two pieces of what appears to be orginal fiberglass that may go back there. So , any pictures of what i am supposed to have would be cool.
a j r

Post by a j r »

Send me your email address and I can get you some information directly.

Andreas
email: thomsponboat@msn.com