T & T Boats factory pictures

Have a question or comment about the origin of your boat or about the company? Disscuss it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

LancerBoy

T & T Boats factory pictures

Post by LancerBoy »

Here are a few pictures from February 1964 of T & T Boats, Inc. at Wausaukee, WI. These came out of a newspaper article on the Marinette (WI) Eagle Star on 22 February 1964.

These are scans of photocopies taken from the original green sheet newspaper. So they are not very good quality.

Andreas

Albert Goldsmith framing a boat:

Jim Burkhalter & Boleslaw Parkitny sanding:

Oscar Wiedemeier drilling hole or screwing down covering board:
Image[quote][/quote]
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

A few more pictures from 1964:

John Schlies & Adolph VanMoll applying putty:

Cabin cruiser with Ray Renikow in the baot and Al Tonn standing next to it. Tonn was vice president & general manager of T & T Boats in 1963-64. He attended several of the Thompson Boat Rally events.
THE LAKE

Post by THE LAKE »

Andreas
Please keep em coming if you've got more. I already saw something in one of the ones you posted that explained a small detail of how my boat was constructed to me. Sorry if I am beginning to sound a bit anal, but I was a Marine Designer for some years but worked on US Navy Warships. What that means is I have a great appreciation for design and construction but very little knowlege of wooden boat design and building. And like most engineers, I tend to get stuck in minutia at times.

Brian
I'd have a boat and a Harley even if there were no water or roads in the world.
89 MACH I MV1900CC
62 Cruiser's Inc 302V Commander (under restoration) 67 Johnson 100hp Golden Meteor (running like new)