Free Sea Lancer in North Alabama

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

The Bachelor

Free Sea Lancer in North Alabama

Post by The Bachelor »

Hi,

I've got an old Sea Lancer we have used as the family boat for years. Its been in the Garage for the last 3 or 4 and I was wondering if anyone was interested. Hard to sell a wooden boat nowadays.

The good is I sealed the bottom with West Epoxy and varnished it about 5 years ago. Its always been under cover. The boat is complete with everything except the motors and controls. Even has a trailer that will get down the road pretty good.

The bad is the transom is gettting a little soft around the bottom. It does leak a little. It gets better the longer it sits in the water. Its done that the whole time we had it though. We put a bilge pump in it and it does just fine. We used a 60 hp Johnson on it (not included) while it was like this and have not had any trouble with it.

I want to save this thing from the burn pile. I need the space for other things now. I'll give it away on a first come first serve basis. I live in Athens Alabama. Contact me at bachelorb@bellsouth.net if your interested.

Thanks,

Brad Bachelor
The Bachelor

Post by The Bachelor »

Some people requested pictures of the boat. I've just pulled it out of the barn. Those are dirt dobber nests, not bad wood.

I need to hear by the end of the week if someone wants it.

Thanks,

Brad

Image[/img]
Michael J. Seiber

Post by Michael J. Seiber »

Brad, If I didn't live so far from you I would take that boat in a minute. Mike
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

If on one claims it, give it away to a local charity such as Boy Scouts, Salvation Army, etc... Try the local chapter of the Antique & Classic Boat Society www.acbs.org or maybe the local chapter of the Antique Outboard Motor Club www.aomci.org

It would be VERY SAD if the boat was destroyed.

Andreas
Michael J. Seiber

Post by Michael J. Seiber »

Another alternative would be to put it on ebay. You may be suprised at what you may get fot it. The hardware alone is valuable.
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

Brad - sent you a note this morning
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
kevx

Post by kevx »

Email sent. I'm really hoping to adopt this boat if I can find a way to get it home to Florida. :D
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

My brother and I have mulled it over alot, not sure we can do it, so if you can get her, that would be great - I would be sick at heart if she's lost
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware
kevx

Post by kevx »

My 9 year old son and I would love to get it as a family project. I've never done restoration work on a boat before but have done a lot of woodworking so I feel confident. I'm trying to find out the dimensions including the trailer because it would have to fit in my garage. I live in a deed restricted neighborhood, so it couldn't be stored outside. I'm looking into renting a pickup so I can run up there and get it. I don't want to let this one die either! :)
thegammas

Post by thegammas »

That would be most excellent - as a sea lancer, she should have a length over all between 17 and 18 feet. The trailer will add another 3 feet or so.

Shoot me an e-mail if things dont work out.
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware
The Bachelor

Post by The Bachelor »

Hello,

I believe someone has agreed to take the boat. I hated to see this thing just go away. I knew I could count on you guys :) .

Thanks for all your efforts,

Brad
kevx

Post by kevx »

Although I'm sorry that I didn't get it, I'm happy to see it saved. Now, if anyone else has an inexpensive boat for me somewhere near Florida, keep me in mind!
The Bachelor

Post by The Bachelor »

Well..... Nobodys come to pick it up yet.

Anybody interested???
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Try the ebay route??

Andreas
kevx

Post by kevx »

My sincerest apologies. Finances and a domestic situation have prevented me from retrieving the boat as promised. I'm really bummed over it.