1969 Bay Cruiser?

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

pmiesbauer

1969 Bay Cruiser?

Post by pmiesbauer »

Hello all: I'm looking at a boat described as a 1969 Thompson Bay Cruiser. I'm perplexed becasue I thought Thompson stopped producing wood lapstrake boats in 1967. Plus the badge of the boat is unknown to me and my very limited knowledge. I've included some pics, but anyone have additional info on this boat? Is it indeed a 1969? Additional pictures are at: http://s434.photobucket.com/albums/qq65 ... 20Cruiser/

LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

She's a boat made by Thompson Boat Company of New York, Inc. at Cortland, NY. This is the "Club Cruisette" model. She's probably a circa 1962 model, prior to Thompson of NY being purchased by Chris-Craft.

This is NOT a boat made by Thompson Bros. Boat Mfg. Co. at Peshtigo, WI.

Is there any indication of a hull ID, serial number or builder's tag? Is there any indication of the "Chris-Craft" name on the boat?

Thompson of NY a subsidiary of Chris-Craft shipped their last wooden boats in mid 1965. And this particular model had been drastically altered by the 1963 model year.

Thompson Bros. Boat Mfg. Co. of Peshtigo, WI shipped their last wooden boats in 1969.

You can purchase the brochures on a CD-ROM from www.dragonflycanoe.com and www.wcha.org

Andreas
pmiesbauer

Post by pmiesbauer »

Thanks Andreas, I appreciate it

I have not had the chance to see the boat personally; I'm in Madison and its in Chicago. So I can't comment on a hull ID or tag. The owner indicated he had the original sales brochure for it. Should be interesting to see.

Again, thanks for your help

Peter