Seat Cushions for my C202

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

rusty

Seat Cushions for my C202

Post by rusty »

Hello all.
Looking for any plans, patterns/info on getting some seat cushions made for my C202.
Any ideas anyone.

Thanks and happy boating.
Michael J. Seiber

Post by Michael J. Seiber »

I have a 202 with the original cushions. You can look at the Cruisersd 202 thread or I can send you pictures ansd dimentions Mike
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

A year would be helpful, since stuff changed on the boats almost annually.

It could also be after market, since the 1950s boats did not come standard with any cushions.

Andreas
rusty

Cushions

Post by rusty »

I have a 1961 C202.
I would love to see some snaps of your C202 with the cushions.
Thanks for your replies.
W Guy

Post by W Guy »

Were cushions an option?? My '60 Sea Coaster just has varnished wood seats and no snaps. :?:
john

Post by john »

I have orginal cushions in my 1960 202 Cruiser's, red and white, they are listed on the option list. My email is john@andersonprops.com 832 473 8928
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

According to the 1962 brochure for Cruisers, Inc., seat cushions were not standard on the Seafarer 202. They were an option. It shows a little photo of the three colour options available. Looks as if the Seafarer upholstery could be two options: red and white or beach tan and white. This would match the deck vinyl colours.

You can purchase the brochures of Cruisers, Inc. on a CD-ROM from www.dragonflycanoe.com and www.wcha.org

To W Guy, the Sea Coaster is a Thompson Boat whereas Rusty's 202 Seafarer is a boat made by Cruisers, Inc. And yes, with the Thompson Bros. Boat (Peshtigo) 1960 Sea Coaster, seat cushions were an option.

Andreas
rusty

Post by rusty »

Love the input from all and thank you.
If anyone has pictures of your own boats or brochure pics I would love to see them so I can get a sense of what is needed to make these cushions as authentic as possible.
Michael J. Seiber

I,m posting a couple of pictures of the seat cushions. I'm having problems posting pictures here. I can't seem to figure out how to post multipul pictures so I'll do them one at a time. Mike

Michael J. Seiber

Michael J. Seiber

Michael J. Seiber

rusty

Post by rusty »

Hello Michael. Thanks for the pictures. They will be of great help. Love your boat. Looks like the front seats on yours are the same as mine. I have 'buddy' seats facing rear instead of storage. Do you have any patterns for the front seating?
Also, I have some Cruisers Inc emblems to put on my boat which have been kindly donated to me. They have come off a 20 foot boat. Could you tell me the length of your emblems on the sides of your boat. I feel that they were the same size put on 16 foot hull and a 20 foot hull.
Best,
Rusty.
Michael J. Seiber

Rusty, I just bought a 1964 302. It's a eighteen foot boat. It has the same emblems on it as the 202. From what I see they are all the same length. As soon as I get a chance I'm going to post some pictures of it. It's gonna take alot of work to fix it up. The good news is it has all it's parts.

I can measure the cushions and send you the dimensions. Mike
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks Mike, that would be great.
Rusty.