Holsclaw Trailer

Suggestions and tips to keep your boat safe when not in the water.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

EDsBoat

Holsclaw Trailer

Post by EDsBoat »

Colors for a 1960 Holsclaw trailer? Blue? and Cream?
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

I have a few Holsclaw boat trailer brochures from the 1950s and 1960s. They show blue and creame for the colours. However, they are all air-brushed images, so who knows if they are accurate.

There are bunches of boat trailer brochures on line at www.fiberglassics.com in the Classic Library section.

Andreas
EDsBoat

Post by EDsBoat »

Thanks, I looked, don't know if I'm going to just buy a modern trailer for it. This one only needs paint. I need to figure a way to take the tongue off to keep it in the garage.
JoeCB

Post by JoeCB »

If you are still looking for confirmation on the original colors, I suggest that you post a question at aomci.org. The guys at that site have lots of knowledge in the area of classic boats . trailers etc. I have seen several well restored classic trailers at the antique outboard club meets.
Joe B
THE LAKE

Post by THE LAKE »

EDsBoat wrote:Thanks, I looked, don't know if I'm going to just buy a modern trailer for it. This one only needs paint. I need to figure a way to take the tongue off to keep it in the garage.
As a suggestion, would it be possible to purchase some square tubing that matches the inside dimensions of your existing tongue, cut the tongue back and then fabricate a new tongue section that slips into the existing trailer frame and is secured with bolts ?

Brian
I'd have a boat and a Harley even if there were no water or roads in the world.
89 MACH I MV1900CC
62 Cruiser's Inc 302V Commander (under restoration) 67 Johnson 100hp Golden Meteor (running like new)