weight of my thompson

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

chris

weight of my thompson

Post by chris »

I am purchasing a 1958 '16 sea coaster and would like to get a new lift out at the dock. Does anyone have weight info on this boat or know where I can get it? thanks, chris
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

my 17.6 foot 1962 Sea Lancer weighs 900 lbs without motor. You'd have to add the weight of the motor and gear of course. I got that spec from a CD that is available from a couple different sources on the history of Thompson. The spec sheet was on the Cd for my boat. Can someone post up the dragonfly link for Chris?
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

Chris,

Go to www.dragonflycanoe.com on the site you can purchase a set cd's on wooden boats of all manufactures or just the one on the Thompson boats. These cd's have the sales literature published by Thompson and other manufacturers form back in the ealy 1900's on forward. A vary good reference as Thompson and a lot of other manufacturers did not have spec sheets available other then their sales liturature.

Good Luck,

Phll
john

Post by john »

My 16' Cruisers Inc is about 650# w/o engine. Total is less than 1000#. Most lifts start at 2500#.

Make sure to leave drain plug out when lifted. Rain water can add a lot of extra weight.