New to Forum

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

kbob

New to Forum

Post by kbob »

I have what I think to be a 1957 Cruiser Inc boat. Based on post I have read here I got the hull number 7B 5542. I found a tag by the steering wheel but no numbers on it. I have read Don Danenberg's "Wooden Boat Restoration Guide" volumes 1 & 2. It has helped but there are still many unknowns for me. I am setting up a web site to post my pictures. This web site is great and I appreciate any info anyone is willing to share. I am looking forward to this adventure. [/img]
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

Kbob,

Welcome aboard! To get more info please go to the main page of this website and look under "What Do I Have" get all the info asked for there and submit. We can then let you know which model,etc. you have and it will give us a bteer idea of what you will be dealing with regarding a resatoration.

Good Luck,

Phill
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Welcome aboard!

You say there is a tag near the steering wheel, but you failed to tell us what it says. What is on this tag?

Brochures for Thompson Boat et.al. including Cruisers, Inc. can be purchased on a CD-ROM from www.wcha.org and www.dragnflycanoe.com

Andreas
kbob

Tag Info

Post by kbob »

The tag says Cruisers Inc. Oconto, WIS. No other information or numbers. I will order the CD...thanks for the info.
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Well, then you most likely have a boat made by Cruisers, Inc. of Oconto, WI.

Hull ID 7B5542 most likely indicates a 1957 model year boat.

The length and other dimensions plus the seating set-up will determine the model.

Andreas