Cortland Thompson pictures and measurements any ideas ???

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

tcvc

Cortland Thompson pictures and measurements any ideas ???

Post by tcvc »

Ok here is the measurements. It's 15' 3" from bow to stern and the beam is 66". Any idea what model this is ?? Any one have a picture of the finished boat they could send me ? thanks Tim
Here is a link to the photos

http://s589.photobucket.com/albums/ss334/tcvc1a/
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

With your other posting and picture of the builder's tag of "Thompson Bros. Boat Mfg. Co., Cortland, New York, Serial No. 54319" I can say this. She was built prior to 01 January 1959.

It was on that date that the Cortland operation was officially spun off as its own independent operation called "Thompson Boat Company of New York, Inc."

The seats are definitely Cortland built. Even before the split with Peshtigo, Cortland's seats were different than those built at Peshtigo.

The dimensions fit the SEA COASTER model.

The windshield was not standard from the factory on the Sea Coaster in the 1950s. It was an optional accessory. And the factory offered both a wooden frame and the wrap around Plexiglas frame. Many dealers ordered the boats without any windshield and they would install one of their own on the boats. This was very common.

You can purchase on CD-ROM the brochure of Thompson Boat et.al. at www.dragonflycanoe.com and www.wcha.org

Andreas
tcvc

Thanks for your help

Post by tcvc »

Thanks for your help. Do you know of anyone that would have this boat? I really need some pictures showing the layout inside the boat. I think I may be missing some seat or bench parts.
Thanks Again,
Tim