thompson boat mart

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

BIGD

thompson boat mart

Post by BIGD »

I have a 12 ft wood and fiberglass row boat made by the thompson boat mart in minoqua wi. The transom has the original decal with the number 1857 stamped on it. Any ideas on what year this boat was made or anything else about it would be nice. Thanks
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

BIGD,

Go to the Home Page for "Thompson Dockiside" and click on "What Do I Have". Get all the info asked for and submit it. With the complete info we should be able to help you identify your boat.

Thompson Boats where not built in Minocqua they where built in Peshtigo, Wisconsin. Thompson did have a Company owned dealership store in Minocqua however. It was located right off Hwy 51 on the north end oof the city just before you go over the narrow strip of land by the lake. Right now I beleive it is a sporting goods dealer.

Get the info and we can help you ID your boat.

Good Luck,

Phill
BIGD

Post by BIGD »

Phil. So the thompson boys just sold boats ,in minoqua, that were made in peshtigo.Hence the mart part. BIGD
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

They did NOT make boats in Minocqua. Thompson Boat Mart was owned and operated by brothres Roy and Grant Thompson. It was a typical boat / marine dealership. They sold and serviced boats made by Thompson Bros. Boat Mfg. Co (at Peshtigo) and Chris-Craft. They were and Evinrude dealer and service outlet. They sold fuel. They sold water skis and boating accesories.

Whatever Thompson Boat Mart may have put on the boat as an ID is meaningless. There are no records to reference. It existed from the mid 1930s into the late 1950s. Roy and Grant sold it in 1953 but the new owner continued to use the "Thompson Boat Mart" name for several years.

Is your boat a wood strip built hull with fiberglass cloth on the exterior?

Andreas
BIGD

Post by BIGD »

Yes it is. I will get some pictures, and more info. Thank You